Black Rock Elementary is a welcoming environment where teachers, staff, and parents work together to support children’s learning and celebrate their gifts and talents. Our school offers Preschool through Fifth Grade.
What makes Black Rock Elementary unique?
- Instructional grouping strategies to meet students’ academic needs.
- Collaborative teachers working together to meet student needs.
- Striving for a variety of programming options for gifted and talented students.
- Spanish offered during the school day.
- Integrated technology with interactive whiteboards, voice amplification system, document cameras, mobile carts with Chromebooks, iPads, and laptops.
Black Rock Elementary inspires caring, collaborative, innovative thinkers to achieve academic excellence while contributing to the global community.
- We promote an environment of trust by sharing our needs and celebrating our gifts, talents, and abilities, while keeping respect and empathy at the core of our daily interactions.
- We preserve a safe school environment for students, staff and parents by building character and embracing diversity.
- Students, staff and parents work as a team by respecting, appreciating, and celebrating the differences and unique qualities of others.
- Parents actively participate in their child’s education by giving time and attention to support their child at home and at school.
- We welcome new technological innovations and effectively prepare our students for the increasingly changing demands of the 21st Century.
- We provide engaging and challenging curriculum where all students are actively involved in their learning and motivated to do their best.
- All students take responsibility to maximize their academic growth as teachers facilitate effective instruction.
- Our school is a place where everyone is learning and practicing a second language.
- Our school community works together to participate in local, national and global service activities, motivated by a belief that all people can contribute to the global community.
What do people say about us?
What I love most about Black Rock Elementary is how much the staff truly cares about my kids, our community and their co-workers. They all seem to enjoy their jobs and have such a sense of community within the building.Courtney Stanesa, parent
Black Rock Elementary is a high achieving school where teachers and parents respect and support one another and believe in the same goal of providing students with a quality education where they are valued and challenged. I feel very fortunate to teach within such a collaborative and caring school and neighborhood community.Cheri Brown, teacher
We have been fortunate enough to have our children in Black Rock Elementary since it opened. When we decided to look for a new home last year, the one criteria that we wouldn’t budge on was staying within the Black Rock attendance area. The teachers are absolutely amazing. They know our kids, know how they learn, and have the flexibility to meet their needs with different teaching methods. I am always amazed by their creativity. Black Rock has grown, but continues to keep that small school feel, where everyone knows your name.Lisa Coblentz, parent